- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 1 cup Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray rimmed baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray. Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet; spray with additional cooking spray and sprinkle with salt to taste. Bake for 20 minutes, then stir in kalamata olives. Cook for 15-20 minutes more or until cauliflower is beginning to turn golden brown and olives have started to shrivel.
3. While cauliflower is roasting, bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in Israeli couscous; return to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed. (Keep an eye on the couscous as it cooks--if you overcook it, it will stick to the bottom of the saucepan!)
4. Combine cauliflower and olives, couscous, and parsley in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad and stir to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.